join the StepUp Team!
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR AND EVENT PLANNER (PART-TIME)
The StepUp Ministry Volunteer Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Development and Director of Programs to: Develop and implement volunteer recruitment and stewardship plans; organize events associated with StepUp Ministry; execute StepUp Sundays with its congregation partners; with the Marketing Coordinator, build and steward relationships with congregation partners; and maintain and update all volunteer information in Salesforce. This position reports to the Executive Director.
This position is part time (20 hrs/week) and is based in the StepUp Ministry office located at 1701 Oberlin Road in Raleigh.
Recruit volunteers for adult programs and fill-in volunteers for Children’s program during summer months. Schedule visitors and conduct tours of the Tuesday night Life Skills program at WMPC and the Thursday Job Week luncheons. Attend and recognize volunteers at four Life Skills graduations each year. Update volunteer records in Sales Force; update volunteer recruiting websites; follow up with potential volunteer leads. Work with Program Directors to execute arrangements for volunteer trainings; plan and coordinate quarterly staff training; and liaison with StepUp North Carolina on team and staff trainings. Maintain and update all volunteer records in Salesforce.
Assist in securing program-meeting space when needed. Serve as ambassador between StepUp Ministry and White Memorial Presbyterian Church and Christ Church. Work with the Development office to identify and coordinate StepUp Ministry activities with a “shepherd” from each partner church (including monthly reports, pictures, requests/needs, or updates in bulletins, newsletters, and/or web sites). Schedule StepUp Sunday with participating churches including working with each church to set dates, Scripture and theme, and practice times on site; work with Life Skills and Alumni Program Coordinators to recruit and train speakers; work with staff to recruit readers and speakers from the StepUp Team and to produce any printed materials needed for the services. Represent StepUp Ministry during church Mission and Outreach fairs.
Recruit volunteers for the annual Impact Lunch and Holiday Party for Life Skills. Organize an annual Volunteer Appreciation Event including the search for the volunteer of the year recipients. Organize five summer meals for Life Skills at White Memorial (includes securing food and volunteers). Secure speaking engagements for StepUp each year.
This position works in close collaboration with:
- StepUp Ministry Leadership Team and Staff
- Churches, Volunteers, Donors, and Supporters of StepUp
- Must enjoy people.
- Possess the ability to comfortably engage volunteers from the communities StepUp serves.
- Excellent at managing ones own time.
- Possess a keen attention to detail and a commitment to high quality work.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and communicate in a professional manner with StepUp Ministry staff, volunteers, and StepUp supporters.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and work in a team environment.
- Interest in working to advance the mission and ministry of StepUp.
- Though work is normally performed in an office setting, this person may have the flexibility to perform some tasks from home or a remote location.
- Position requires some night and weekend work
- Little to no travel will be required.
- Salary commensurate with experience and abilities
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (Attn: Volunteer Coordinator Search).
StepUp Ministry Raleigh is an Equal Opportunity Employer.